- This event has passed.
June 5 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Families with young children (ages 18 months to 5 years) are invited to attend these nature discovery events designed to inspire a sense of wonder about the natural world. Through the sharing of stories, songs, and art, each playful exploration engages both adults and children as we make new discoveries about the plants and animals in this beautiful forest habitat. Because we believe that we protect the places that we love, we hope to inspire young children to feel a friendly, respectful connection to nature – forming a foundation for curiosity and enjoyment to last a lifetime. Families are welcome to stay after the event to enjoy a picnic from home.
- When: Hosted monthly. Check our event calendar for upcoming dates. Registration opens at the beginning of the month.
- Cost: FREE but donations/membership to support our mission are always appreciated.
- Reservations: Reservations are required. Space is limited. Please register using parent/guardian’s information and reserve one spot per family (not per child). There are no waitlists for these events. If spaces become available, registration will reopen so please check back if you’re interested in attending.
- Ages: 18 months – 5 years only. An accompanying adult is required for all programs.
- What to Bring: Closed toe shoes are required. We also recommend long pants, bug spray, sunscreen, and water.
Leader: Kelly Brooks
Location: Chapman Mountain Nature Preserve – 1263 U.S Hwy 72 East, Huntsville, AL 35811
Please reserve one spot per family, not per child.
In the event this hike has to be canceled due to weather or trail conditions, we will send a notification to the email address you used to register.